EXHIBITION TERMS OF AGREEMENT
‘A PHOTO FROM OZ’ – International Photographic Exhibition 2013
- Work must be original and crafted by the artist.
- Collaborative Work is when two or more artists work together and should be submitted as a joint application. For artist collaborations, only one space is provided, please limit two artist per space.
- Work might be submitted either in print or electronic form. When submitted in print, work must be in proportion to images initially showed.
- Artists are invited to submit explanatory notes/short artistic statements to be presented with the work.
1. “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit will automatically be granted, at no charge, the perpetual non-exclusive right to reproduce the whole or any part of visual material submitted and of the works exhibited, in slide, electronic form, hard copy or otherwise for the purpose of education, publicity and promotion. “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit may from time to time receive funding or grants from philanthropic institutions or other arts funding bodies. As part of our arrangement with these funding bodies, “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit will grant to its funders the same reproduction rights outlined above. “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit acknowledges and respects that copyright of the work remains the property of the artist.
2. “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit will take all care but no responsibility for the print works submitted by artists prior to, during and after the exhibition.
3. “A Photo from Oz” Photographic International Exhibit will cover at its own expense the costs of mailing print submitted works in the case of photographic paper prints; however, as the submitted works shall be printed on large canvas, wood, glass etc, or frames are to be included, printing/mailing of the works becomes the sole responsibility of the artist.
4. No insurance is provided to cover damage to the art work or artist. Insurance of work is the sole responsibility of the artist.
5. “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit may print at its own choice various work submitted in a sole electronic format by artist, with the artist’s approval. However, such prints becomes the property of “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit and they will be used for the exhibition’s purposes, as well as for the purpose of education, publicity and promotion. The copyright of the work remain the property of the artist and the artist is to be mentioned at all times.
6. It is not our responsibility to sell the artist’s work, but artists are invited to price their works, if interested in selling it. All financial transactions are to be made between the artist and the buyer, unless otherwise agreed. A commission might be retain if works were printed at “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit’s own expense.
7. Collection of sold work by buyer is to be made by agreement with artist and intermediated by us if requested by artist.
8. Upon invitation into the show, the invitation can be withdrawn at anytime, for any reason, without recourse on the part of the artist.
9. Unsold work printed/mailed at the artist’s own expense are to be returned to the artist as agreed.
By applying to the event herein, I accept the rules listed in this application, as well as additionalrules of the event.
Release and Indemnification. Your signature to this agreement indicates that you hereby (1) agree that you accept all risks associated with any displays of your artworks hosted by or associated with “A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit, the hosting galleries and their agents and employees, including, without limitation, theft, electronic theft, destruction or injury to your artworks due to vandalism, negligence, natural causes or any bodily injury or property damage caused to a third party by your artworks. (2) A Photo from Oz” International Photographic Exhibit, the hosting galleries and their agents and employees, its successors, former affiliates, officers, directors and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) of and from all losses claims, liabilities, actions, demands, lawsuits, judgments, damages and expenses (including attorneys fees) of any kind and nature, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, (collectively, “Claims”), that you or your successors or assigns may have be or entitled to claim at any time, now or in the future, or may previously have had or been entitled to claim against any of the Released Parties arising out of or relating to your artworks or the display of your artworks at any time, including, without limitation, any display of the artworks pursuant to this Agreement, and (3) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released parties from all Claims of any third party (including, without limitation, any patron, customer or artist host) that are asserted or that, directly or indirectly, arise out of, relate to, or are connected with (A) any breach of this agreement by you, (B) your artworks, or (C) any display of your artworks at any time, including without limitation, any display of your artworks pursuant to this Agreement.
We are committed to your success. Please feel free to e-mail us with any questions or concerns at any time. We seek to provide a venue that enhances your work and simplifies your participation.